Monday, January 12, 2009

Let me tell you about my friends

Let me introduce you to some of my friends, seeing as they will help me help you and every good relationship starts with a base of mutual character understanding.

Alina, a senior here at Tulane, is the epitome of Girl. Except for that she hangs out with a bunch of boys. Like, all of the time. She’s beautiful but insecure and she has these breakdowns that jolt me so hard I end up depressed by the end of them. She, like many girls, has had bad luck with men on our campus, and as of now she is questioning herself instead of questioning the male student body of Tulane. We buy ice cream for each other and watch bad television. In other words, she’s my best friend.

Kennedy is my year and is one of the most well-liked people on the entire campus. No one has anything bad to say about her, and her laugh is infectious. She, like me, has an affinity for student athletes and drinking at the boot bar at odd hours of the day. She is lovable, kind, and doesn’t mind my brand of beer. OR watching football with me.

Elli is the kind of girl you would expect to see inside the J.Crew catalogue. Its because of this that she is responsible for my sorority looking the best it can. She is funny and loud and laughs so hard she makes everyone else laugh with her. When I first met her I was completely afraid of her. It wasn’t until I realized that she is as human as I am that our friendship began to blossom. She’s a virgin and when I told her about this blog she acknowledged that writing about her non-sex life may be a difficulty. But after thoughtful consideration I have come to the conclusion that non-sex stories are just as, if not more, interesting than those that include wonderful copulation scenes.

Dakota is beautiful, intelligent, and a complete maneater. Don’t get me wrong, If I looked like her I’d go through men two at a time as well. Her problems with men revolve around the fact that she plays games and they fall in love with her instantly. She recently came out of a very long relationship, just to jump right into another one.

Delia is strong, sarcastic, and brutally honest. She is always a good person to have around because if you have something in your teeth or you say something stupid, she will not hesitate to tell you. Never having a relationship in the past, Delia is like a neophyte and all of her experiences with men are new and strange and scary. When I talk about sex I can see the discomfort on her face, but she is always a good sport. She has turned out to be one of my best friends.

Benjy is one of my best friends. After being abroad for a semester, he has come back to Tulane still a southern boy and still a virgin. He is a Christian, and doesn’t fail to preach the gloriousness that is Jesus Christ. Just because he is saving himself for marriage doesn’t mean Benjy doesn’t have fun. He is a brother in a prominent fraternity and Many-a-times I have gotten a late night phone call or a morning-after discussion about the without-sex sexcapades that occurred previously. I am in love with him and he has no idea.

Johnny is my other best guy friend. Student athlete, unbelievable raging flirt, and a borderline alcoholic. He is what I would think I would be like if I were a boy. He spits, swears, makes strange noises, and calls me babe. Most of our nights revolve around hanging out in front of the television, drinking beer and debating the phenomenon of “cum facials.” Our relationship is the kind that might be associated with the brother-sister phenomenon. For me it feels like a coke bottle that is slowly being shaken: sooner or later it is going to explode.

Well, now that you know everything about some of the people I’ll be talking about, there is nothing keeping me from diving into the not-so-secret lives of university students.

Enjoy ☺
Your kinseyette

No comments:

Post a Comment