Thursday, January 15, 2009

sweet home chicago breeds some pretty sweet friends

So since I have already described to you the protagonists of your journey throughout the sexuality of Tulane University, I think it is time I bring into the picture the people who will put college sex lives into a more national (and at times global) perspective. In this list are people from home, my best of friends from other universities, and those with a more worldy experience of sex. So without further temptation, here they are.

Chelsea is my best friend in the entire world. She is tiny, bubbly, and is always up for the best of times. Whether we are stealing flowers out of dumpsters or singing old songs in my car, I can always count on her to make me smile. The best part of Chelsea isn’t just her happiness: she has never judged me for anything I have ever done, which is a miracle seeing as judgement is usually the first sentiment I get from people when I tell them I want to be a sex therapist. Chelsea sits and listens to my stories about random sexcapades and contributes constantly. Having just gotten out of her longest relationship (which was the catalyst for the loosing of her virginity) means she is officially enjoying her first semester at her midwestern college as a single lady. I can only imagine the types of things she’ll do… and I cannot wait to find out.

Sandi is a talkshow host stuck in the body of a college student. She is always well put together, beautiful, and she is one of the funniest girls I have ever known. She keeps me grounded and is never afraid to compliment anyone (as long as they deserve the compliment :-D ). Sandi is one of those people who can effortlessly float between two groups of friends without any chaos, drama, or discomfort. She is strong, loud, and she is a complete asset in my life. I don't know much about her sex life other than that she has standards when most girls don't. She has promised to keep me updated on all the goings-on with her, with every bit of news and excitement coming from her camp I will grow more and more close to her.

Scarlet goes to school here at Tulane, but she’s been abroad in Europe for the past semester. She left for the eastern hemisphere an average virginal American girl, and came back smarter (and I mean more than just book smart) and more experienced. Her trip to Europe will be told to the envy of me, as I’m sure the same feeling will be felt by you.

Liam is an all-american athlete who has won state championships in the smallest speedo I have ever seen. Besides being a great athlete, he is devastatingly handsome, kind, a talented singer.. and gay. Liam was the first person I had ever known to come out of the closet, and since then I have had trouble controlling my word-vomitous compilation of questions I release upon him. I love learning about how gay sex works, how being one in a gay couple works, and how gays and straights have it easier/harder. Its hard for me to understand what life must be like for him, especially coming from a family of more traditional values. By using Liam as my liaison into the world of homosexuality, I am better equipped to help you boys still struggling with the hinges on your closet door.

Leah is one of my best friends from home. In high school she was prom queen, dance team captain, and at one point my boyfriend broke up with me because he couldn’t stop thinking about her. Right now? She’s pregnant and the tender age of 19 and she’s keeping her baby girl. Her life is set: her baby, soon-to-be husband, and a military life awaits her. What she is going through is the exact opposite of what most people experience here on campus. Her life is amidst a dramatic change that will end with Leah not only being a woman, but a wife and mother as well. Me and Leah have a unique relationship that is based on us both going through very similar personal experiences at a very young age. I feel like I can relate to her in a way that not many other people can, and because of this I feel this connection with her.

Lexi is sweet, adorable, and kind. Having been in a relationship with a younger guy for a while now, she has the whole boyfriend-sex base covered. Its like she’s the married one amongst our home friends. Sometimes it’s hard to share her, since, like most girls, it feels like she’ll chose her boyfriend over us if given the chance. The truth is that she means well, and the fact that she is in a serious committed relationship means I get to give her advice to try some pretty kinky and fun things that most non-committed girls would be hesitant to try.

Well that’s it for now, but I’m sure I’ll be holding another introductory session soon enough ☺

Always,
Kinseyette

No comments:

Post a Comment